Flickr photo by Diamond Geezer, licensed under Creative Commons
Nov. 2, 2018
Yes or no? Have your say!
The City of Calgary, in collaboration with partners and with support from City Council, is investigating and actively considering whether Calgary should submit a bid to host the 2026 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
A commitment to public engagement is a major factor in this process, with a city plebiscite planned for Nov. 13, 2018 to ask Calgarians if they support or are against hosting the Games.
The City of Calgary has also organized advanced voting in specific areas of the city, including the University of Calgary.
Advance voting will be held Wednesday, Nov. 7, at the Students’ Union SAR Lounge (the area of Mac Hall on the second floor outside the Black Lounge) from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Signage will direct voters where to go.
Who can vote?
According to Calgary.ca, you are eligible to vote if you:
- Are at least 18 years old, and
- Are a Canadian citizen, and
- Have resided in Alberta since May 13, 2018, and
- Are a resident of the City of Calgary on Vote Day (advance poll day);
- Provide one of the authorized pieces of identification.